This is a 13th BOX endeavor....

Friday, June 13, 2008

'I want to play a politician in Shahrukh's film'

There are several similarities between an actor and a politician. However, a politician follows norms, culture, tradition and his behavior is in accordance with his political stature. He has to be a true leader and should possess all the leadership qualities.

Today several people from the film industry are entering politics. It is their professional demand, to dance to a song sequence, make comments and act in love scenes. But a true leader hesitates to enter the world of films since Bollywood is show business.


Amitabh Bachchan, his son and daughter-in-law, the entire family, are into acting and when a film is made it is their own way of attracting viewers by their acting style and dances.
I had told Shahrukh Khan that whenever he is producing a film and needs anyone to do the role of a politician, I am always there. I also assured him that I can do justice to the role, so that a common man is able to relate with a true politician.

Several Bollywood flicks have actors playing the role of a politician. They wear caps like politicians and attempt the role. People know he is not a true politician and do not appreciate such type of actors, who portray politicians in a bad light.

I will not be acting in films which are only about clinging and hugging each other. I have seen old actors like Hema Malini, whose stature as an actress is very high. I had even told her that I would like to act in the films she produces. However, I should be given an appropriate role.

No comments: